Below is a summary of the extensive insurance, travel, and retail protection services you can access as a Point Visa cardholder.
- Phone insurance: When you pay your monthly phone bill with PointCard, if your phone is stolen or damaged (including cracked screens) we’ll cover up to $500 per incident, $50 deductible per loss (a maximum of $1,000 per 12 months).
- New purchase insurance: Provides coverage for most new items purchased with PointCard that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase, up to $1,000 per loss. A maximum pay of $25,000 per 12 months.
- Extended warranty: Doubles manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year when you pay with PointCard. Provides up to $10,000 of coverage per claim, and $50,000 per cardholder per year.
- Trip cancellation insurance: Protects you against forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments if a trip is cancelled or interrupted for covered reasons, up to $2,000 per incident. Coverage applies to common carrier airfare.
- Travel accident insurance: Offers up to $1,000,000 in coverage in case of accidental death and dismemberment in the case of common carrier travel (airplane, train, airport terminal).
- Global travel assistance: Receive emergency roadside assistance, help with lost/stolen documents, and access to a global network of lawyers, physicians, embassies, and consulates when you travel.
- Car rental insurance: Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles when you pay for the entire rental transaction with PointCard and decline the Collision Damage/Loss Damage Waiver coverage offered by the car rental company.
- Rideshare protection: In the case of an accident or property loss at the hands of rideshare, provides up to $300,000 in accident, death & dismemberment coverage, as well as up to $500 in personal property coverage.
- Event ticket protection: Offers up to $500 insurance coverage per ticket and up to $2,000 per event.
- Zero liability coverage: If your PointCard is used without your authorization, your funds will be returned to your Point account following a report to Member Services.
- Deposit insurance: Deposit insurance covers all funds in your Point account up to $250,000 and is offered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- No international travel fees: Covers foreign merchant transaction fees at Visa locations outside the United States.
Please refer to your Guide to Benefits for more information and instructions to initiate claims.